Tuesday, February 3, 2009

A Little Help From The Monkey Gallery

Gardendale had Senior night last night at the Basketball game. I stood up and watched all of the senior Cheerleaders go out and receive their flowers with their parents. I hate that Katie was not there to receive that one last accolade from high school. At the same time though, I couldnt help but understand how much each one of those five Senior Cheerleaders have been through this year. These young ladies had to take every step of every day and every practice and every game knowing that they had a fallen friend. I am sure that Katie never left their minds and hearts during all of this. As they came out on that floor, all five looked at me and smiled or winked or mouthed something. Each one of the parents did the same.

The title of this page is "A Little Help From The Monkey Gallery." What I mean by that is so many of you have helped my family with your Love, prayers and support, that if you would , please remember these five gals next time you say a prayer. They have spent so much time being a comfort to me that I have neglected to understand their pain. I promise I will not do that anymore.

Molly, Carli, Danielle, Katie Mac and Blakely, Thank you for all you guys have done. Each time I see one of you, I see a little of Buggs. You guys were a great friend to her and to all the Burketts and I for one am so proud of you. I look forward to watching you guys take the next step and you know if you ever need anything please just ask.

Mike "Buckett" Burkett

No comments: