Friday, March 13, 2009

Yea


   A journey that began back in July has finally ended, or at least began a new chapter.  As many of you know, we found out that Shelley was pregnant on Tuesday July 15th. We Lost Katie on our way to vacation the next Sunday. We experienced a great joy at the beginning of the week and a sadness that I cant begin to explain  five days later. That goes to show us that we are on God's time and he is not necessarily on ours. 

   I wept when she finally arrived because all of our family really needed something to be happy about. While this does nothing to lesson the pain of losing my Buggs, it re-enforces the fact that I must go on. I have to continue being a Godly Dad, husband, son, friend etc. Katie would not only want that, she would expect it.

   So, without further ado, here is the introduction of Eden Jamison Burkett. She was born Thursday night at 8:24 p.m. She weighed 9lbs and 6ozs.  She has a head full of black curly hair that we fully expect to change, I would like to thank all of you that called, came by and prayed for us. Please continue to do so because Lord only knows, We are going to need it.

Mike "Buckett"Burkett




2 comments:

lily said...

Buckett--She's beautiful! Congratulations--I'm so happy for you!
Lynn Johnston Morgan

Sandy said...

She's so pretty! Congrats to you and your family.
Sandy and Tommy