Thursday, July 2, 2009

Hello Again

In recent days, I have had several people E-mail me and ask when I was going to put up a new post. While I enjoy doing these blogs, I have always been led to write about the things that are going on with my families journey thru our tragedy. God has more or less given me the topics and I have tried to be a vessel for his word to manifest from. I promised Katie at the wreck site that I was not going to let satan have any victory in this other than the very moment of her physical death and God has taken over from there.

I have been honored to be able to talk to so many people about what God has done in my life thru the passing of my Baby, and the impact her relationship with him had on my life. I have no idea how someone could get thru this if they were not saved. The Bible tells us that the number of our steps is known to God before we are even conceived, so I know that he had the Angels sitting there waiting on Buggs as she walked into heaven. I am so very proud of her and the life she led here on earth.

I miss her more every day and I feel like maybe my heavenly Father has been giving me time to
mourn and heal or somewhat come to terms with whats happened. We have had to deal with Senior night, Cheerleading tryouts, Graduation, Mothers and Fathers Day, and the upcoming 1 year anniversary of the wreck. It has been a very difficult time as you probably can imagine.

I want to take this opportunity to ask for your continued prayer as we get closer to July 20th. I also want to encourage every parent that reads this to talk about their childrens salvation with them. Know that if you are in my shoes you will be able to have the peace of mind that will enable you to face each new day. And last but not least if you personally do not know Jesus as your Lord and Savior pick up a Bible and read the Book of John.

Mike "Buckett" Burkett

No comments: