Sunday, August 2, 2009

Welcome Rick Burgess

Due to the fact that I have not felt like writing much lately, I have requested some help from a few friends. I really like doing this because it gives me an opportunity to see how others think and react to situations. This month I have gotten a friend from many years back that has traveled a very similar road to mine to give us his thoughts. Without further adou, The Sexiest Fat Man Alive, Rick Burgess.

I have been told so many times since the earthly death of my son one and half years ago, not by the lost but by people who claim to follow CHRIST, that they don't think they could have responded to the pain and suffering we as a family have faced in the same way. We have responded and people wants to know why? I tell people all the time that all we have done is to access the power given to us by GOD through his son JESUS CHRIST and HIS presence and comfort found in the HOLY SPIRIT. I mean how much more clear can JESUS say it to us than HE did in John 16:33 " In this world you will have tribulation, (not you might, you will) but take heart because I have overcome the world".

Why do CHRISTIANS act so surprised by pain and suffering when the HOLY BIBLE clearly tell us that we should not be surprised by pain and suffering as a matter of fact it should be expected. Let's first talk about what pain is not, it is not a lack of love on GOD'S part. I can't tolerate when someone goes through something horrible here on earth and they mutter "I thought GOD loves us?” God came to us when our sin condemned us all to perish in the fires of hell because we could not come into HIS presence with sin. Man could not become GOD therefore GOD became man WHEN HE DIDN'T HAVE TO! He then provided payment for our sin by taking on flesh, suffering in our place, defeating sin on the cross, pouring out HIS wrath due on us. HIS own son, defeated death on the 3rd day to provide salvation for all of us WHEN HE DIDN'T HAVE TO!

I think GOD is on record for how much HE loves you and me. The sin of the world killed my son. That includes your sin and mine. Now let's talk about what pain and suffering really are according to the word of GOD. 1 Peter, chapter one verse 6 and 7 clearly states, "in this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, you have been grieved by various trials. That the genuineness of your faith being much more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire may be found to praise, honor, and glory and the revelation of JESUS CHRIST". We are allowed to suffer to test the genuineness of our faith. May we pass this test by responding in a way that HONORS CHRIST and has an impact for HIS Kingdom. That we may enter into heaven to reunite with our loved one so they will hear our SAVIOUR say to us, 'Well done, good and faithful servant".......join me....I am going for the well done.

Rick Burgess
servant of CHRIST

No comments: