Thursday, August 13, 2009

What do I do now

It is midnight here on a Thursday night. It has really been an interesting week. I had a realtor over on Monday to see about selling my house. By the time he had gotten back to me on Tuesday I had been laid off of a job I had been at for the last seven years. They took my cell phone and my truck and there I was in Bessemer trying to figure out how I was going to get home. Wednesday, I borrowed my cousins old work truck and signed up for unemployment. Thursday I was tooling around in that old truck with no air conditioner and the blew the head gasket. I got a call and found out that all Kate's classmates were in Tuscaloosa moving into their dorms and I couldn't help but think that Buggs should be there as well. I think I will just stay in bed in the morning til Monday and get up and start over.

With all that being said I would like to tell you that I am really in a great mood. Due to a couple of things in my life, I know its all going to be okay. I have a wonderful supportive family. I live in the greatest community in the world. ( even if Obama is President). Most of all though, I am a Child of a Wonderful, Gracious, Loving, Heavenly Father thats going to never give me any more than I can handle. Jesus stated in the Gospels that Even the birds of the trees are taken care of and that each one of us are many times more important to him than the birds. My God has been carrying me the last 13 months and I know he is able to do it longer if need be.

I am going to continue to sing the praises of My Lord till my dying day. He put people in my life that led me to an understanding of his love at an early age. He has given me a wonderful church family at GFBC and beyond. I have my Christian Brotherhood like, Ronnie Vaughn, David Jett, Andy Heis, Mike McCulley, Donny Headley, Andy Hardin, Jeff Powell, Brad Myrick, Danial Foy, Hunter Graveman, and many others that always seem to just kinda show up when life gets heavy. Many people who seem to be Praying for me and my family and giving us unconditional Love and friendship.

I encourage anyone thats going to a hard time in their life to seek out friends and family. Talk about the issues with someone thats a positive influence. Try to look at the good and realize the bad is going to one day go away. But, the most important thing that I would encourage you to do is turn it all over to Jesus. Ask him to be the Lord of your life and seek him. That is the way to peace and contentment. That is the only way to true happiness. With him comes a friend thats closer than a brother. He will never leave you or forsake you. One day he will take you by the hand and lead you to Glory.

Mike "Buckett" Burkett

No comments: