Friday, October 24, 2008

God is Good

              Please forgive me if my last post was a little bit sappy and out of place. I was going through a bad moment and heard that it’s sometimes good to write someone you are missing a letter. I tried that and for a little while it worked. I wanted to take a minute and clarify a couple of things that maybe got misunderstood in my letter to Buggs. 

  I am not mad about the situation our family is in with the passing of Katie. I do not understand our Lords plan in all of this but that really doesn’t matter. My issue is that I miss my daughter and if I knew Gods plan it would not make me miss her any less. Everything we go through right now reminds us of her and what she would be doing during her senior year. The things the two of us shared during this time of year like football and holidays were very special to KK and I. 

  Our Heavenly Father is not punishing us for things we have done. He is not taking payment for sin or anything else in her life. From a spiritual standpoint God is rewarding Katie for a job well done here on earth. I know my baby heard “well done my good and faithful servant “on July 20, 2008 sometime around 10:35 am. While her stay here on earth was short in our eyes, comparatively to what God has planned for us, all of our stays on earth are short. She made a lifetime in her short 17 years. She never walked away from a challenge or never met someone she didn’t know. She laughed, cried, walked, ran, won beauty pageants, lost beauty pageants, stripe fished, Hunted, and did many more things. 

  God’s blessings have rained down on this family since that day. We have found new friends, grown closer to old ones, gotten a new perspective on the importance of worldly things and most importantly learned to take every moment God gives us. I am quick to read a book or play a game with Jackson or Andrew when before I might look for reasons not to. My boss is going to hate me but the after hours meetings and giving time to customers after work has ended. They are important to my livelihood but not my family life. 

  I would like to encourage all of you that think we have been let down or how God could let something like this happen to someone like Katie, to read what the Bible says about heaven. Katie was not punished by God. He was not asleep at the wheel. This was not a punishment. It didn’t just happen from Bad luck. God knew before KK took her first breath when she would take her last one. He knew that the vehicle she was riding in was going to flip and land on her side no matter what side of the car she was sitting on. The only thing he didn’t have a hand in was that when she was a teenager she was going to make a choice that Jesus was her Lord and Savior. That she was going to live for him and the Glory of his kingdom. That her ultimate goal was to somehow glorify God. I think she got acknowledgement that she reached that Goal on July 20th when he said those seven little words to her in heaven. 

  Daddy loves you baby. Congratulations on a job well done.

No comments: