Wednesday, December 24, 2008

I can only Imagine

   I can only imagine what’s going on in heaven right now. The angels are probably doing last minute tune ups for the Praise and Worship session tomorrow. Abraham, Moses, and many other Prophets are preparing their sermons. All of our beloved dead in Christ are as edgy as if preparing for their first High School football game or Beauty Pageant. All of this is going on in preparation for what must be an event that I can’t even put words too. Tomorrow is the Birthday of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. 

   Throughout my lifetime I have had many wonderful Christmas days. My parents were never wealthy but somehow they always managed to get me the one thing that I wanted most each year. That sacrifice by them led to much joy for me. My family has always lived in or near Gardendale so we all got together every Christmas. These things plus the warmth, safety, comfort, and love my parents gave to us made Christmas very special. 

   This year for the very first time I will wake up and not ask Katie what she has gotten or be able to see the joy on her face as she opens her presents. I will not have her, Andrew, and Jackson streaming into the room in a line with a present behind their backs for me to open. That is something she made happen each year. I will wake up tomorrow and not see what in my opinion, is one of the most beautiful faces in the world on Christmas day. But that’s okay. 

   You see, many of you have called, E-mailed, or came by to say, “we are praying for you”. My heavenly Father has heard those prayers and let me know that in no uncertain terms that Katie Burkett is experiencing that very thing that was mentioned in the first paragraph of this blog. I am in awe of the fact that she will be celebrating her first Christmas with the King of Kings. She will be hearing music that would make Celine Dion sound bad. She will see beauty that I cannot even imagine. But most importantly she will be shown more love than I could ever show her here. God loves her that much. 

   Last year on Dec. 24th, I would have never thought that I would be here without her. I learned on July 20th that God has his time frame and plan and it doesn’t necessarily go along with mine. I also learned that he will not give us anything that we can’t handle. With that being said I would like to offer these words of advice. Please understand that I am not trying to be a know-it-all, just trying to give from my life experience. Love your children like there is no tomorrow. Love their mother. Most importantly, please do all you can to lead them to Christ. That is the only thing that makes it possible for me to be happy, and guys I really am happy about what she is experiencing. Our God is an awesome God and he will never forsake us. God bless each one of you and I hope you have a very merry Christmas 

Yours In Christ

Mike “Buckett” Burkett

No comments: